Monday, February 2, 2009

Free Bird

It's crazy how time goes by so fast! I have only a year of school after this... at least for my Bachelor's degree. Who knows how much longer it will take when I go to graduate school? Who knows what I will be doing in life? I have always had my life planned out. I knew exactly what I would be doing one, two, and even five years in advance. However, suddenly I find myself at a crossroad, unsure of where to go next in life. What will I be doing this time next year? Will I be on a mission or finishing up my degree? If I decide to wait another year before going on a mission do I live in this same apartment or do I live in a house with friends? There are so many choices and although many may seem insignificant all I want to do is what I'm supposed to do. I want to go where I can make the biggest difference in another person's life. For the first time in my life I don't have a plan. I'm as Lynard Skynard puts it a "Free Bird." I've decided to just go with wherever life takes me and to stop worrying about it. As long as I keep doing what is right I know the Lord will guide and direct me.

1 comment:

The Wilsons said...

Wow. I can't believe how fast time flies either! Don't worry, you will find the "sign posts" along the way that will let you know which direction to go. You are such a great person! Isn't it nice to know that we can trust HF to guide us?